Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back on 2011 and Forward to 2012


I've noticed that several of my favorite blogs and sites have had "best of" posts in the last couple of days.  It's been interesting seeing which posts have resonated most with their readers and it's been a fun way to catch up on some of the older posts of my newer favorite sites.

So I decided to check out my own stats and see which posts have gotten the most traffic.  It was so interesting to see which posts get the most interest and who is reading them.  It was also fun to see what searches people use to find my site.  The first several months the searches were for certain recipes but lately most of them are for my blog title which was pretty fun to see.

The post on Ev's cupcakes is far and away the all time which makes me pretty happy. Not only do I love the cupcake but I love that boy!

This cilantro chicken sandwich is also a big hit and one of my favorites.

Right behind was another sandwich - my homemade veggie burger.

Cheese bread was next.  Such a simple recipe and you'll see that it has many variations throughout the blog.

Our trip to France also made the list and I had fun rereading and remembering that one.

The Cinco de Mayo post rounded out the list and has two yummy Mexican recipes.

It was even more interesting to see where visitors are coming from.  While most visitors are American; Canada, Germany, the U.K., Australia, Sri Lanka and France also show up often.  This was fascinating to me and I'd love to hear from more of you.  I know many of you tell me that you cannot post comments no matter how hard you try or subscribe to the RSS feed and I'm trying to figure those issues out.  Until then you can always email any questions or comments directly - just see "about me" for my email address.

The last few months of blogging and getting to know so many new friends has been such a wonderful experience for me and I really look forward to another year of the same.

My hope for each of you is to have a healthy, happy and blessed 2012.




No comments: