Friday, March 31, 2017

Mexican Chopped Salad

This has to be one of the easiest recipes ever and I know it's going to be in our menu rotation a lot this spring and summer. Its so fast and easy and it's been my very favorite meal we've had lately. In fact Chris liked it so much he asked me to blog it so we'd remember to make it again.

Last night we wanted some sort of salad for dinner and had some leftover grilled chicken and some perfect avocados to use. This was the result. If I was making this for just me, I would skip the chicken because my serving was great without it. This was a huge main dish salad for two, but could easily be a side salad for more to share.

Here's how easy it is:


Mexican Chopped Salad

1 Chicken breast half, grilled and chopped
2 Avocados, chopped
1 to 2 cups Cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup Red Onion, chopped
1 large bunch Cilantro, finely chopped
1 large Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
Juice of half a Lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix to blend gently so the the avocado mixes with the lemon juice but doesn't get to mashed.

Serve as is or on a bed of mixed baby greens as we did.

Enjoy!





No comments: