Monday, June 13, 2011

Packing Lunches for the Retreat


The house is very quiet without Joe here this week so it's a good time to get caught up on the retreat meal posts.  His lunches were the easiest to prepare.  I made Calzones and the Ham Pocket Sandwiches to alternate each day.

Remember the black bean brownie recipe I mentioned?  I used this recipe as inspiration for a chocolate coconut brownie bite which I'll post soon.  Three to a bag for each lunch dessert - popped into the freezer until Sunday.  

Chris peeled carrots for me as time grew short yesterday and we packed them up in bags.  Each bag of carrots and brownies just went right into the quart sized zipper bag the frozen calzone or pocket sandwich was in.  The quart sized bags went into one gallon sized bag and the information sheet I printed up slid right inside.  The kitchen supervisor only needs to hand Joe a bag each day for lunch.



No comments: