Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coconut Pineapple Bars



Yesterday my friend Ruth coordinated another ladies' craft day and I wanted something new and different to take along so I made these bars. I'd planned on making muffins but ran out of time so they became bars instead.  I pureed a can of pineapple chunks in juice which makes the bars incredibly moist and sweet enough to skip any sweeteners. I used Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Chips because they're large and chewy and I love their texture when baked.  The Coconut Cream Concentrate is solid but can easily be scraped out with a spoon to fill your measuring cup.  It could be melted to soften but I didn't think it was necessary for this recipe.  The white chocolate chips completely melted and vanished in the bars but made for a nice shiny glaze.


Craft day was so fun; Marie and I drove together and we worked on different crafts we'd pinned on Pinterest recently. Here is an example of a coffee filter rose I'd pinned. It was fun, fast and easy and I can't wait for an excuse to make a bunch of beautifully colored roses.  It was a nice and relaxed way to start the weekend.

Later that afternoon Chris, Joe and I headed downtown so Joe could check out his favorite guitar shop. It was such a beautiful day to be out together and Chris and I enjoyed watching Joe check out bass guitar amps and pedals.


This is a great guitar store and we had a blast - love this pic of Joe playing a gorgeous bass.







The rest of the day was spent walking Elle and sitting in the sunshine on the porch.  Pretty much perfect in every way. Today was more of the same but enjoyed with our neighbor friends and a few more of these.

Coconut Pineapple Bars
Heat oven to 400 degrees and grease one 13 x 9 baking sheet with coconut oil.

Mix together:

1 lb. Almond Meal – Trader Joe’s
6 Extra Large Eggs
½ cup Concentrated Coconut Cream – Tropical Traditions
1 20 ounce can Pineapple Chunks in juice, pureed but slightly chunky
1 cup Coconut Chips – Tropical Traditions
1 Tablespoon Gluten Free Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 cups White Chocolate Chips

Pour into prepared pan and bake approximately 40 minutes until golden brown and and firm in center.  Let cool and cut into squares.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

gabbyfek said...

i'm so very sad i missed these bars!!! :((((
and crafting.
waaaaaaaaaah.
xoxo.

chacha said...

Ha! I will save you a couple. =D
We'll plan another craft day soonish.
Promise!
xoxo

leah said...

Almonds seem to be well tolerated around here so far, and this looks like something I'd love to try sometime! Another reason to watch for free shipping from T.T.

It looks like Joe had a great time at the guitar store. :)

chacha said...

Yes, T.T.'s free shipping makes for huge savings. I'm getting low on a couple things so I'll be keeping an eye out, too.

He really did have a great time - the guys who own the shop are absolutely the nicest around so he's like a kid in a candy store with all that vintage equipment. =D