Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Easy Peasy Perfectly Healthy Valentine Treats!


Last night I made my German Chocolate Bites in anticipation of a certain coconut and chocolate loving dinner guest and her mom.

Because this has been my go to treat lately and I've made a couple of other variations of these for our guests I wanted to switch things up a bit. Since it is Valentine's week I decided to try pressing the mixture into a silicone heart shaped tray I picked up at Target a couple of years ago. Each tray had fourteen hearts and the recipe filled two trays perfectly.  They popped out easily and looked a little more special this way.

So if you're looking for a naturally gluten free, grain free, vegan and refined sugar free treat you can put together for the people you love in fifteen minutes or less; this is for you.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

gfe--gluten free easily said...

Those look terrific. :-) No need to re-invent the wheel, right? Happy Valentine's Day!

Shirley

Laura said...

Oh....hello delicious little German Chocolate Bites. They are quite perfectly made into hearts, because I DO LOVE THEM! I had one tonight intact, but not in the shape of a heart mine were just round- but it still made me happy! Bob tried to eat it and I said "ah...no. I have baklava for you." He wanted my dessert though more. :) Thanks again for one of our favorite treats and recipes!
See you soon neighbor! :0

chacha said...

Ah, thanks Shirley! Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

chacha said...

Oh Laura, you crack me up! I think I need to make you a batch and deliver them to your new place. So glad we'll be nearly neighbors. xoxo